Archive for the ‘Blogroll’ Category
I have one of the sweetest hubbies in the world. For Valentine’s Day he didn’t get me flowers or candy. Instead he got me something that will last much longer and I will enjoy much more. A new set of pots and pans, All-Clad pots and pans to be exact.
I am not being sarcastic. I like to cook and I like to cook using good quality tools. My mixer and blender are Kitchenaid, my knives are Wustof-Trident, but my pots and pans until today were crap.
I ordered the All-Clad 9 piece set from Cooking.com. The delivery information I got said they would be here the 23rd but they arrived today. Unfortunately, today I worked until after 7 so ended up going thru a drive thru rather than making dinner in my new pans. Otherwise I wouldn’t have eaten until 9pm and that is just to late for me to be eating dinner.
Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with all of you and show off my new pans. Aren’t they pretty? I can’t wait to use them. You’ll be getting a lot more cooking entries from me now that I’m not embarrassed to let people see what I cook with. 🙂
I’ll be sure to let you all know what I think of them after I use them.
I would like to introduce you all to a fellow Creative Blogger, Kelly Drill. Kelly’s blog Macaroni and Glue is a fun blog combining her work, family, and friends that I think you would really like. Be sure to take a few moments to check it out this week.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day I offer you this Crystal Heart Pendant. Strung on a black satin cord with sterling clasp this is a pendant made of Swarovski Crystals. The pendant is about an inch tall and a bit over an inch wide. Normally this pendant would sell for $40 but for this week I am offering it to you for $30 with free first class shipping. If you are interested email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
For those of you who don’t buy finished jewelry because you make your own I have a lovely goddess bead for you. Normally she would sell for $25 but this week she can be yours for $15 plus shipping. She stands 32mm high, has a 12mm waist, and was created on a 1/16″ mandrel. She’s got a cz decorating her belly button and was created from a marvelously streaky multi-toned glass. If you are interested in her or have any questions about this bead email me at email@example.com.
Here is the special for this week. Its another caterpillar bracelet since I received so many nice emails regarding the first one. This one is a simpler one and would typically sell for $45. This week it can be yours for $30 plus shipping. It is 8.5″ long and will fit a 7.5-8″ wrist comfortably. It also features a button handmade by me.
If you are interested in this piece email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Act fast because there is only one and next Sunday the deal will be over.
If you are more interested in beads than in finished jewelry come back tomorrow when I will list a bead special for the week.
My friend Kaye Husko tagged me today. This tag works by my posting 7 facts about myself and then tagging 7 more crafty friends. So here we go –
1) I bowl in a Guys and Gals winter league. We bowl every other week so it goes from September to April.
2) I started a new job as an esthetician last week and really like it. I work at Oasis Salon and Spa in Watertown, WI, doing facials, body waxing, and makeup. I took my state board exams on the 7th and haven’t gotten the results back yet. I am going nuts to find out for sure if I passed, I’m sure I did but until I get confirmation I am going to continue to go nuts about it 🙂
3) I am a huge fan of Dr. Who and Torchwood. I also really like Top Gear. All three of these shows are on BBC America and sometimes it seems like we watch more British television than American television.
4) I am addicted to trying new artistic media. I am teaching myself oil painting and am starting to use borosilicate glass in my lampworking. Every time I go to the craft store something else reaches out to me and whispers “Try me, try me, you know you want me.” And I am weak, I give in to that voice quite frequently.
5) When I try a new artistic media I am not happy with it until I find a way to combine it with at least one other media I am already working with. Right now I’m combining my oil painting with polymer clay and glasswork.
6) My puppy Spike has decided that the trash is just a new toy box for him and it is driving me crazy. I have no idea how to get him to stop, this is not something my other dog Summer ever did so I am at a loss on how to deal with it. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.
7) I spend way to much time on the computer. I like to chat with friends and play games, in addition to the computer work I do for my jewelry business and for my job. Sometimes I feel like the keyboard is attached to my fingers.
So, that is 7 things about me. Some you might know, some might be new to you. I am tagging the following friends –
Today’s topic is do you want to be me? The short answer is no.
The long answer is, sometimes I don’t even want to be me, instead, I want to be Jessica Alba. Why Jessica Alba? Why not? She’s rich, she’s beautiful, and she has millions of people who adore her.
Sure, I suppose Jessica doesn’t work in hot glass so she doesn’t get to watch the transformation of a solid, into a liquid, and back into a solid but in a completely different form than when it first started out.
She is also an actress which means she does her work far removed from her audience. I however, am an esthetician, and when I give a facial I am one on one with my client and get to watch them visibly relax and enjoy the experience. I get the immediate feedback that Jessica does not.
I also know for a fact that she doesn’t have my crew that loves and adores me and thinks I’m wonderful. I’m talking of course, about my darling husband who has been so supportive of me in both my artistic, educational, and career endeavors and my two dogs who think I am wonderful because I give them cookies and belly rubs. The three of them couldn’t care less about Jessica Alba.
So, when you look at it that way, my life isn’t all that bad. Which is good because I cannot be Jessica Alba, so I will have to be content to be me. Since I will continue to be me, you will just have to continue to be you, because I don’t think the world could handle two of me 🙂
And that my friends, is the very long answer to ‘Do you want to be me?’